Mutual respect and dedicated service to clients, colleagues and the community are our shared values. As an integral part of the diverse communities in which we work and live, our success is directly linked to that of our neighbors. We offer time, resources and professional services to many civic, charitable and cultural endeavors. These include health care initiatives, arts organizations, homeless shelters, youth organizations, and educational initiatives.
We are also committed to providing pro bono legal services to individuals and organizations throughout central Minnesota. Recent examples include:
- We are actively involved in the Pro Se project of the United States District Court of the District of Minnesota, providing services to pro se litigants by making justice more affordable, focusing them on their claims and defenses, and guiding their cases through the judicial system.
- Through the Federal Public Defender’s office in the District of Minnesota, our attorneys have dedicated hundreds of hours to representing indigent criminal defendants in federal court.
- Through the Volunteer Lawyers Network and the Fund for the Legal Aid Society of Minneapolis, our attorneys have donated hundreds of hours to legal-related causes. One of our attorneys has been honored as Volunteer Lawyers Network Private Practice Pro Bono Lawyer of the Year.
- A number of our lawyers have successfully represented foster-care children on behalf of the Children’s Law Center.
- Our attorneys serve as pro bono volunteers for Minnesota Advocates for Human Rights.
- We serve on boards of numerous professional and community organizations.