Carlson Caspers’ Diversity & Inclusion Scholarship Program awards up to two $5,000 scholarships each academic year to prospective law students who identify as being an underrepresented minority in the legal profession.
- Undergraduate or higher degree in computer science, chemistry, engineering, life sciences, or physics (or expect to obtain such degree in 2020).
- Applied to or been accepted to an ABA-accredited law school.
- Will begin the first year of law school in the Fall of 2020. The scholarship funds will be available with proof of attendance during the first semester/quarter.
- Intends to practice intellectual property law in the Twin Cities upon graduation from law school.
- An applicant has not received a diversity scholarship from any other law firm.
Deadline: June 1, 2020
Fill in the application below from your computer or mobile device.
Attach your résumé, official transcripts, and a personal statement. Be sure to save and print a copy of the application for your records.
Click “Submit Application” when you have finished and send the requested materials.
What happens next:
In late June and July, the Diversity & Inclusion Committee members carefully review all of the applicants’ qualifications, followed by a telephone call, and possibly an in-person interview. They will determine the scholarship honorees in early summer before the first year of law school.